Crime Watch


Man arrested for knife Police arrested a 41-year-old man for criminal possession of a weapon in front of 419 West 17th Street Sunday, Oct. 29, at 4:15 a.m. A witness told police that the suspect was waving the knife around while saying, “I could kill you,” and when police approached him, he admitted to having a knife in his pocket.

Bartender reports harassment

A bartender at the Triple Crown on Seventh Avenue told police that he was harassed by phone Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 10:30 p.m. The employee told police that an unknown man called the bar and said, “I’m coming back for you, mick bastards. I’m going to sue you.”

Man harassed by ‘new landlord’

A 25-year-old man reported that someone harassed him inside his apartment on East 19th Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenues Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 2 p.m. The victim said that the unknown man opened his apartment door with a key and said, “Hi, I’m Steve, the new landlord.” The victim told police that the incident caused him annoyance and alarm.

Trespasser arrested

Police arrested a 36-year-old woman for criminal trespassing inside 425 West 25th Street Friday, Oct. 27, at 9 a.m. Police said that the suspect was seen on the roof landing of the NYCHA building and did not have permission to be there.

Senior threatened by ex

A 62-year-old woman reported that her ex-boyfriend has been harassing her and making veiled threats since April. She told police on Friday, Oct. 27, that the 62-year-old man has been calling her apartment on West 43rd Street near Eighth Avenue, as well as calling her cellphone and sending her emails. Police said that the suspect called her approximately 15 times last Tuesday. She told police that she feels especially harassed since the suspect left a voicemail message saying, “I would hate for something bad to happen to you,” and he also reportedly joined the sports club where the woman works.

Woman choked by son

A 41-year-old woman reported that her 24-year-old son choked her inside her apartment in the Fulton Houses Saturday, Oct. 28, while she was cooking dinner. She told police her son slammed her head against the kitchen wall, then put his hands around her neck and applied pressure to the point where the victim was having trouble breathing, although she did not lose consciousness.