Crime watch

| 11 Sep 2018 | 11:44


MetroCard scamA 36-year-old man reported he was scammed out of $200 at the southwest corner of Henry Hudson River and West 34th Street on Thursday, August 23 at 1 p.m. The man told police that he met with another man who offered to sell him a two-month unlimited MetroCard for $200. He later found out the card only had two rides remaining.

Man busted for drugs, stolen debit cardsPolice arrested a 37-year-old man for criminal possession of a controlled substance in front of 337 West 22nd St. on Sept. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Police said that the suspect was spotted with a glass pipe that contained alleged crack cocaine residue and when he was searched, he was found to be in possession of additional crack cocaine. The suspect was also found to be in possession of 14 debit cards that didn’t belong to him as well as packages he allegedly stole from residential buildings.

subway assaultA 53-year-old man reported that he was assaulted while on the train in the 23rd Street/Eighth Avenue station in the early morning of Sept. 5. The man told police that he was on an uptown E train that was passing through the 23rd Street station about 3:45 a.m. when an unknown man walked up to him and punched him in the face for no apparent reason. The victim refused medical attention.

Bag, phone stolen A 40-year-old man reported that his bag was stolen from inside his car while the vehicle was locked outside a store across from 431 West 37th St. between 1 and 1:15 p.m. on Sept. 7. The man told police that he parked his commercial vehicle, unlocked, went into a store. When he returned a few minutes later, his bag was missing. The victim used the Find My iPhone app to show that his phone had been taken to East 125th Street and Fifth Avenue later that day. In addition to his phone, the man was missing keys and documents.

assault arrestPolice arrested a 25-year-old man for assault inside the Flē-Flē Mediterranean Grill at 268 West 23rd St. on September 8 around 1 p.m. The alleged victim, a 55-year-old man, told police that he was working at the restaurant and was attempting to move people from the doorway. In response, the suspect allegedly said, “that’s racist” and then used an aerosol paint can to spray the victim. Police said that the suspect also put the victim in a headlock, and punched him multiple times.